- Racing & Wagering
- News / Videos / Photos
- Plan Your Visit
- Parking / Maps / Directions
- Entering Churchill Downs
- General Information
- Guest Services
- Hotel Partner
- Group Sales
- Junior Jockey Club
- Family Fun Days
Friday, May 2, 2014 - 12am
|Gates Open||First Post||Admission|
Longines Ky Oaks
The 140th running of the Kentucky Oaks features “Ladies First.”
Highlights of the day include:
- Pink Out: The official color of the Kentucky Oaks is PINK in honor of the Oaks official flower, the stargazer lily. In support of Kentucky Oaks Day, THINK PINK when it comes to your attire for Kentucky Oaks 140! Participate in the sixth Kentucky Oaks PINK OUT on Friday, May 2, by incorporating PINK into your attire for the day at the races.
- Longines Kentucky Oaks Fashion Contest: Longines Kentucky Oaks Fashion Contest: Ladies of all ages can participate in the Longines Kentucky Oaks Fashion Contest and strut their stuff on the pink carpet for a chance to win a Longines timepiece!
- The Longines Fashion Contest will begin at 2:15 p.m. at the Pink Carpet near Gate 10 and all guests are invited to participate.
- Fashion contest participants must register to enter the contest at the Pink Carpet, and are encouraged to be on location immediately following Race 7 (roughly 2:10 p.m.)
- The top 10 finalists will be announced around 3:15 p.m and the winner will be announced around 3:30 p.m.
- Survivors Parade presented by Kroger: The Survivors Parade presented by Kroger will again take place on Kentucky Oaks Day to show our fans’ support for cancer survivors. The parade will be made up of 140 cancer survivors who have been chosen through an online nomination and selection process. Participants will walk in a stunning parade of pink around the Churchill Downs main track prior to the Oaks race.
Stakes Race: Edgewood
Stakes Race: Eight Belles
Stakes Race: Alysheba
Stakes Race: La Troienne
Stakes Race: Twin Spires Turf Sprint