- Racing & Wagering
- News / Videos / Photos
- Plan Your Visit
- Parking / Maps / Directions
- Entering Churchill Downs
- General Information
- Guest Services
- Hotel Partner
- Group Sales
- Junior Jockey Club
- THERIOT READY FOR PREAKNESS MOUNT ON KENTUCKY BEAR
- MENA CONTINUES SIZZLING START ON SPRING MEET
Stratostar Shines On Any Surface; St. Joe Back To One Turn In Matt Winn; Juveniles Fuel Asmussen's Rise
Hopes for the Allen Paulson Living Trust’s Stratostar were once fairly high, but the 8-year-old gelding has now settled into a groove that any owner and trainer would be thrilled with.
Unbeaten Big Brown, winner of the $2 million guaranteed Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (Grade I), got in a final gallop at Churchill Downs on Wednesday before rain started to fall on the historic Twin Spires. After a daylong wait, Big Brown boarded a van around 4:45 p.m.
- KENTUCKY DERBY WINNER BIG BROWN IN EAGER IN GALLOP
- TYLER BAZE VISITS TO WORK TRES BORRACHOS
Kentucky Derby Winner Big Brown Jogs Again On Muddy Track; Stevil Work Delayed;No Blinkers For Tres Borrachos
- DERBY WINNER BIG BROWN JOGS AGAIN ON MUDDY TRACK
- ZITO DELAYS BREEZE BY PREAKNESS HOPE STEVIL
IEAH Stables and Paul Pompa Jr.’s Big Brown had his presence announced on the track shortly before 7 a.m. Sunday with a loud clap of thunder.
Unfazed, Big Brown went about his morning activity, jogging one mile with Michelle Nevin up accompanied by a pony.
Ronald Lamarque and Louie Roussel III’s fifth-place Kentucky Derby finisher, Recapturetheglory, has had his Preakness plans put on hold by a fever.
TODAY'S TOP STORIES:
- ‘SLOPPY’ GOING KEEPS BIG BROWN IN JOGGING MODE
- DERBY TRIAL WINNER MACHO AGAIN BOUND FOR OHIO DERBY
“Everything’s good here,” trainer Rick Dutrow said Thursday morning after Kentucky Derby winner Big Brown, winner of the 134th running of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (Grade I) was back in Stall 12 at Barn 22 on the Churchill Downs backstretch.
With Michelle Nevin up, Big Brown went to the track before 7 o’clock and jogged a mile.