- Racing & Wagering
- News / Videos / Photos
- Plan Your Visit
- Parking / Maps / Directions
- Entering Churchill Downs
- General Information
- Guest Services
- Hotel Partner
- Group Sales
- Junior Jockey Club
- Family Fun Days
Churchill Downs to Debut Exclusive 21+ Premium Lounge Area for Nov. 16 'Downs After Dark'
Those looking to socialize in a club-like premium lounge area while enjoying a night at the races will get their opportunity when Churchill Downs introduces the new “Skye Lounge” for the track’s only “Downs After Dark” nighttime racing and entertainment event of the Fall Meet on Saturday, Nov. 16.
The premiere of the Skye Lounge will provide an exclusive indoor environment to 300 customers age 21 and up – a welcomed alternative to outdoor box seating or indoor reserved dining areas for the sophisticated casual customers and entertainment seekers.
Tickets are $40 and include an indoor lounge environment; a fifth-floor, two-tiered balcony to view the races; delicious hors d’oeuvres designed by Churchill Downs’ Executive Chef David Danielson, cocktail tastings by Southern Comfort, el Jimador and Finlandia Vodka; and entertainment by a DJ. Admission to the track and a racing program are included as well.
The Sky Lounge – located on the fifth floor of the Skye Terrace, which is situated just past the Finish Line and near the start of the Clubhouse turn – also will have mutuel tellers, self-service wagering machines and multiple television monitors to enjoy the racing action.
The Nov. 16 “Downs After Dark Presented by Stella Artois and Finlandia Vodka” will showcase a “My Fall Derby Style” theme. Fans are urged to dress to impress with Derby-inspired fall fashions for this exciting night of dining, dancing and racing beneath the Twin Spires. Attendees also will get an insider’s look into what to expect for Kentucky Derby 140.
The Skye Lounge will showcase passed food and drink pairings every hour from 5:30-8:30 p.m.:
5:30-6:30 p.m. – Derby Fascinator & Petit Shrimp and Grits
- Fascinator: Finlandia Vodka, orange liqueur, lemon sour, orange juice and pomegranate
- Petit Shrimp & Grits: sautéed shrimp served on a mini grit crisp
6:30-7:30 p.m. – Billycocks and Bowlers & Sliders
- Billycocks and Bowlers: Southern Comfort, ginger beer, peach infused bourbon and bitters
- Sliders: mini burgers topped with smoked Gouda, barbecue brisket and a pickle
7:30-8:30 p.m. – Third Turn & Mini Hot Brown
- Third Turn: El Jimador, agave, lime juice, club soda, mint leaves and strawberries
- Mini Hot Brown: roasted turkey, Mornay sauce, bacon and tomato served in a pastry cup
Additional menu items will be available for purchase for an additional $5 per food station:
- Seoul Brothers BBQ – Beef short ribs, pork shoulder and chicken marinated in a tangy Asian barbecue sauce and served on a four inch corn tortilla with pickled vegetable slaw and cilantro. Portion size is two tacos per order.
- Biscuit Bar – Southern sliders to be served on fresh baked buttermilk biscuits. Topping options include fried chicken filet with hot sauce, honey pork filet with bourbon mustard honey, or Catfish filet with homemade tartar sauce. Portion size is two per order.
- Southern Sticks – Brown sugar sweet tea pork skewer with bourbon peach barbecue sauce, Kentuckyaki glazed chicken skewer with hot and sweet peanuts, or garlic herb steak skewer with Henry Bain dipping sauce.
Churchill Downs admission gates will open at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16. The first of 11 live races will be 4:30 p.m. and sunset is around 5:30 p.m., which means at least seven races will be held under the lights. The final race is scheduled for 9:36 p.m. ET. The racing action includes two stellar stakes events for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles on turf: the $175,000 Mrs. Revere (Grade II) for fillies and $100,000 Commonwealth Turf (GIII) for open company.
The cover charge (general admission) to all “Downs After Dark” events is $10, and no one under the age of 18 will be admitted to the track unless they are accompanied by a parent or responsible adult. All reserved seating and general admission tickets can be purchased in advance online at ChurchillDowns.com/Tickets or by visiting the Churchill Downs Gate 1 Box Office, which is open Wednesday-Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (12 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Nov. 16).
Churchill Downs, the world’s most legendary racetrack, has conducted Thoroughbred racing and presented America’s greatest race, the Kentucky Derby, continuously since 1875. Located in Louisville, the flagship racetrack of Churchill Downs Incorporated (NASDAQ: CHDN) also operates Trackside at Churchill Downs, which offers year-round simulcast wagering at the historic track. Churchill Downs will conduct the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands on May 3, 2014. The track’s Fall Meet will run from Oct. 27-Nov. 30. The track has hosted the Breeders’ Cup World Championships a record eight times. Information about Churchill Downs can be found on the Internet at www.ChurchillDowns.com.