- Racing & Wagering
- News / Videos / Photos
- Plan Your Visit
- Parking / Maps / Directions
- Entering Churchill Downs
- General Information
- Guest Services
- Hotel Partner
- Group Sales
- Junior Jockey Club
Time Running Out to Apply for 'Chief Party Officer'
Time is running out to apply for the best “job” in America: Chief Party Officer (“CPO”) of the 2009 Kentucky Derby infield.
Churchill Downs officials are seeking die-hard partiers, who can take the reins and lead the infield nation to new heights of fun and frivolity for Kentucky Derby 135 on Saturday, May 2. Prospective candidates have until Saturday, Feb. 28 to apply for the ideal executive officer position.
To enter the 2009 Kentucky Derby Chief Party Officer contest, fans must:
- Be age 21 to 34;
- Record a two-minute video explaining why they have what it takes to lead the biggest party in the nation;
- Visit the official CPO Web site, www.chiefpartyofficer.com, to fill out the official entry form and review official contest rules; and
- Follow the link provided to upload their video applications to the official CPO Facebook page, where video entries can be viewed by and shared with Facebook users.
The application process will be even easier for Kentuckiana residents. Churchill Downs is hosting a CPO Mardi Gras Bash on Tuesday, Feb. 24 at Prime Lounge (106 W. Main St., Louisville, Ky. 40202), one of the newest and hottest upscale lounges in Derby City. Reigning CPO Tim “Stymie” Snyder will be on hand with a video camera from 8 p.m. to midnight for interested candidates to apply on the spot.
There are a number of perks to serving as the public ambassador for the Kentucky Derby infield, which annually draws approximately 100,000 fans within the Louisville, Ky. racetrack during Derby weekend. The newly named CPO will:
- Preside over the infield encampment for two days – Kentucky Oaks Day and Kentucky Derby Day;
- Base in the CPO’s luxurious “boardroom on wheels” complete with food and hospitality, private wagering machine, games and activities, and a photo booth; and
- Make a number of public appearances at Churchill Downs and at official Derby Week events, making the CPO the official infield “spokesperson” in media interviews.
Churchill Downs, the world’s most legendary racetrack, has conducted Thoroughbred racing and presented America’s greatest race, the Kentucky Derby, continuously since 1875. Located in Louisville, the flagship racetrack of Churchill Downs Incorporated (NASDAQ Global Select Market: CHDN) also operates Trackside at Churchill Downs, which offers year-round simulcast wagering at the historic track. Churchill Downs will conduct the 135th running of the Kentucky Derby on May 2, 2009. The track’s 2009 Spring Meet will take place from April 25 through July 5. Churchill Downs is scheduled to host the Breeders’ Cup World Championships for a record seventh time on Nov. 5 and 6, 2010. Information about Churchill Downs can be found on the Internet at www.churchilldowns.com.
- END -