- Racing & Wagering
- Toteboard & Replays
- Mobile Wagering
- Bet from Home
- Track Maintenance
- Track Specifications
- Meet The Stars
- Photo Finishes
- News / Videos / Photos
- Plan Your Visit
- Parking / Maps / Directions
- Entering Churchill Downs
- General Information
- Guest Services
- Hotel Partner
- Group Sales
- Junior Jockey Club
Churchill Downs Pick 4 Rules
1. The Pick-4 pari-mutuel pool is not a parlay and has no connection with or relation to any other pari-mutuel pool conducted by the association, nor to any win, place and show pool shown on the totalisator board, nor to the rules governing the distribution of such other pools.
2. A valid Pick-4 ticket shall be evidence of a binding contract between the holder of the ticket and the racing association, and the said ticket shall constitute an acceptance of Pick-4 provisions and rules.
3. The Pick-4 pari-mutuel pool consists of amounts contributed for a selection for win only in four consecutive races designated by the association with the approval of the Kentucky State Racing Commission. Each person purchasing a Pick-4 ticket shall designate the winning horse in each of the four races comprising the Pick-4.
4. Those horses constituting an entry of coupled horses or those horses coupled to constitute the field in a race comprising the Pick-4 shall race as a single wagering interest for the purpose of the Pick-4 pari-mutuel pool calculations and payouts to the public. However, if any part of either an entry or the field racing as a single interest is a starter in a race, the entry or the field selection shall remain as the designated selection to win in that race for the Pick-4 calculation, and the selection shall not be deemed scratched.
5. The net amount in the pari-mutuel pool subject to distribution among winning ticket holders shall be distributed among the holders of tickets which correctly designate the winners in all four races comprising the Pick-4.
6. If no ticket is sold combining the four winners of the Pick-4, the net amount in the pari-mutuel pool shall be distributed among the holders of tickets which include the winners of at least three of the four races comprising the Pick-4.
7. If no ticket is sold combining at least three winners of the Pick-4, the net amount in the pari-mutuel pool shall be distributed among the holders of tickets which include the winners of at least two of the four races comprising the Pick-4.
8. If no ticket is sold combining at least two winners of the Pick-4, the net amount in the pari-mutuel pool shall be distributed among the holders of tickets which include the winner of any one race comprising the Pick-4.
9. If no ticket is sold that would require distribution of the Pick-4 pool to a winner under this rule, the association shall make a complete and full refund of the Pick-4 pool.
10. If for any reason one or two of the races comprising the Pick-4 is cancelled, the net amount of the pari-mutuel pool shall be distributed as provided above in subsections (6), (7), (8) and (9).
11. If for any reason three or more races comprising the Pick-4 are cancelled, a full and complete refund will be made of the Pick-4 pool.
12. When the condition of the turf course warrants a change of racing surface in any leg(s) of the Pick-4, and such change has not been disclosed to the public prior to “off time” of the first leg of the Pick-4, the stewards shall declare the changed leg(s) an “all win” race for Pick-4 wagering purposes only. An “all win” race will assign the winner of that race to each Pick-4 ticket holder as their selection for that race.
13. In the event a Pick-4 ticket designates a selection in any one or more races comprising the Pick-4 and that selection is scratched, excused or determined by the Stewards to be a non-starter in a race, the actual favorite, as evidenced by the amounts wagered in the final win pool of the race, will be substituted for the non-starting selection for all purposes, including pool calculations and payoffs. In the event the win pool total for two or more favorites is identical, the substitute selection shall be the betting interest with the lowest program number.
14. In the event of a dead heat for win between two or more horses in any Pick-4 race, all such horses in the dead heat for win shall be considered as winning horses in the race for the purpose of calculating the pool.
15. No pari-mutuel ticket for the Pick-4 shall be sold, exchanged or cancelled after the time of the closing of wagering in the first of the four races comprising the Pick-4, except for refunds on Pick-4 tickets as required by this regulation.