Churchill Downs will host a special one-day Arlington Million Day program thanks to cooperation from Ellis Park, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, and Kentucky horsemen. Overall, Churchill Downs will host nine live thoroughbred races including four Stakes races including the Arlington Million (GI), Secretariat (GII), and the Pucker Up (GIII) and the Beverly D. (GI) a Breeders' Cup Challenge Race .
Arlington Million Day Stakes Lineup
- Began in 1981
- The first Arlington Million was won by the horse John Henry and Bill Shoemaker for trainer Ronald L. McAnally on August 30th, 1981
- John Henry, the 1980 male turf horse of the year, is the only two time winner of the race
The Beverly D. Stakes
Grade 1 race where the winner will qualify for the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf
- First run on August 15, 1987
- The race is named for Beverly D. Douchossois, whose husband, Richard Duchossois, served as the chairman of Arlington Park since 1983
- Six Beverly D winners have gone on to be voted the Eclipse Award for turf female
The Secretariat Stakes
The Grade 1 race for 3 year olds is named in honor of the famous horse that graced Arlington Park in 1973
- The inaugural meeting was held on June 30th, 1974
- One year and one day after Secretariat's performance at Arlington Park, track management scheduled a race in his honor
For groups of 24+, please contact group sales at 502-636-4450 or fill out our Group Request Form
* Pricing is subject to change, is based on availability, and only includes the initial dining rooms listed as available for the given race day.