LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2020) – A two-day Pick 6 that features six graded stakes races, including the $3 million Kentucky Derby Presented by Woodford Reserve and $1.25 million Longines Kentucky Oaks, highlights a spectacular wagering menu for the Oaks and Derby days at Churchill Downs.
Along with the $2 Oaks/Derby Pick 6, the wagering menu will also feature 10-cent Superfectas. In previous years, Superfectas on Oaks and Derby days were $1 because of the large on-track crowd. Without spectators in attendance, track officials reduced the minimum to 10 cents.
The Oaks/Derby Pick 6 has a mandatory payout with a 15% takeout. The wager will include the following races:
· Friday Race 10: $400,000 Alysheba presented by Sentient Jet (GII)
· Friday Race 11: $500,000 La Troienne presented by Oaks Grove Racing and Gaming (GI)
· Friday Race 12: $1.25 million Longines Kentucky Oaks (GI)
· Saturday Race 12: $500,000 Derby City Distaff presented by Derby City Gaming (GI)
· Saturday Race 13: $1 million Old Forester Bourbon Turf Classic (GI)
· Saturday Race 14: $3 million Kentucky Derby presented by Woodford Reserve (GI)
Friday’s Oaks Day card also includes the two-day Oaks/Derby Double and Oaks/Old Forester Bourbon/Derby Pick 3.
There will be four 50-cent Pick 5 pools with a low 15% takeout on both Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby days.
The wagering menu also includes the 20-cent Single 6 Jackpot. To win the entire Single 6 Jackpot, a player must have the only winning combination. If there are multiple winning combinations, 90 percent of the pool will be paid out and 10 percent will carry to the next day’s card. The Single 6 Jackpot takeout is 15%. There will be a mandatory payout on Kentucky Derby Day.
Bets can be placed online at TwinSpires.com, the official advance-deposit wagering service for Churchill Downs Incorporated and the Kentucky Derby, as well as other online wagering outlets and satellite wagering centers across North America.
Post time on Friday and Saturday is 11 a.m. ET.