Tickets to Churchill Downs Racetrack’s (“CDRT”) 2016 Season and Kentucky Derby Week events outside of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands and Longines Kentucky Oaks go on sale this Friday, Dec. 11, so get ready to secure next year’s seats for your favorite racing events at the historic racetrack.
The 2016 season begins with Opening Night to kick off the Spring Meet and Derby Week on Saturday, April 30, and includes the Spring, September and Fall Meets with a total of 70 action packed racing days. Tickets are available at www.churchilldowns.com.
Oaks and Derby tickets went on sale in November. All-inclusive seats and discounted early-purchase General Admission tickets remain available for both days at www.kentuckyderby.com and VIP ticket packages can be purchased at www.derbyexperiences.com
Until March 1 or while supplies last, the purchase of a 6-person box for live racing events during the week leading up to the 2016 Kentucky Derby will include a free bobblehead of trainer Bob Baffert holding the coveted Triple Crown trophy. Events that qualify for the bobblehead giveaway include Opening Night and racing on Tuesday, Wednesday and “Thurby” of Derby week. The bobblehead giveaway does not include Oaks and Derby.
Opening Night kicks off Derby week and the 2016 Spring Meet in style with an evening of thrilling night racing. Churchill Downs’ 2016 Derby week events also include:
- Dawn at the Downs: Enjoy breakfast on Millionaire’s Row while watching Derby contenders train from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. (EDT) on Tuesday, May 3 through Thursday, May 5
- Live racing on Tuesday, May 3 and Wednesday, May 4
- Thurby: Celebrate all things Kentucky and the official start of Derby weekend with a day of live racing on Thursday, May 5
- The 142nd running of the Longines Kentucky Oaks and the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands on Friday, May 6 and Saturday May 7, 2016
Following Derby week, the 2016 Spring Meet will resume its schedule of live racing every Thursday through Sunday through July 2. Racing will return on Thursdays through Sunday for the fourth annual September Meet from Sept. 16 through Oct. 2. The 2016 Fall Meet brings racing to the historic track every Wednesday through Sunday from Oct. 30 through Nov. 27.
2016 Season highlights include:
- Downs After Dark presented by Stella Artois and Finlandia Vodka: The best party in town with Saturday night racing on June 18, July 2 and September 24
- Twilight Thursdays: Happy hour racing every Thursday during the Spring and September Meets with dollar beers, food trucks and first post at 5 p.m. (EDT)
- Family Adventure Day presented by Kroger: Racing for the whole family and fun activities for the kids on Sundays May 15, June 26, Sept. 18 and Nov. 6
- Military Appreciation Day: Free admission for active and former military on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30 and Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11
- Preakness and Belmont Viewing Parties: Watch the second and third legs of the Triple Crown on Churchill Downs’ Big Board on Saturdays May 21 and June 11
- Thanksgiving at the Downs: Bring the whole family to the track for a day of world-class racing and traditional Thanksgiving dining at Churchill Downs on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24.
For the full calendar of 2016 Meet events and post times visit www.churchilldowns.com.
To view of a pdf file of this news release, click here .