Thursday, May 4, 2023 | Gates Open at 11 AM ET | Post time is 12:45 PM ET
Presented by Old Forester
Join us as we highlight the best of Kentucky for the 10th edition of Thurby presented by Old Forester!
An unforgettable showcase of all things Kentucky, Thurby continues to celebrate Kentucky’s culture: bourbon, Bluegrass and racing!
Featuring Bluegrass music near the Paddock, the finest bourbon, and top-level horse racing; Thurby is a bucket list event for all horse racing fans!
For groups of 12+, please contact group sales at 502-636-4450 or fill out our Group Request Form
Know before you go! Get directions and maps to your on site lots with changes to traffic patterns on Derby Week!
For any Derby Week days, excluding Dawn at the Downs days and the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks days, parking may be purchased by going to Ticketmaster.
Any onsite parking for Derby Week must be pre-purchased before April 15th. Your parking pass will be mailed to your address on file via USPS prior to the event. Churchill Downs will not be selling any additional parking onsite after this date as free parking and shuttles will be available at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
Parking for Thurby on Thursday, May 4th, 2023
- Onsite parking for Thurby is no longer available for purchase.
- If already purchased, your parking pass will be mailed to your address on file via USPS prior to the event. There is no mobile delivery of parking passes.
- Entry to your specific lot is unique and directions to your lot should be followed closely.
- Onsite parking lots will open at 10:00 am on Thurby.
- Central Avenue Adjacent to Churchill Downs will be CLOSED on Thursday, May 4th, 2023 for Thurby. Please visit kentuckyderbyparking.com for more route-specific information.
- Bus and Limo parking are available for pre-purchase in our Pink Lot while supplies last.
- Buses and cars may pre-purchase a Derby Drive drop-off pass. This pass will be surrendered at the time of drop-off. There is no pick-up option at Derby Drive.
- If you did not purchase onsite parking, there is parking at the Kentucky Exposition Center which is included with your ticket. Please present your ticket upon entry. This includes FREE shuttle service to and from Churchill Downs with drop-off and pick-up in the Black Lot outside of the Paddock Gate.
- Shuttles will begin running at 9:30 am on Thursday.
- There will be ADA-accessible shuttles available. Please note that we are not able to provide wheelchair assistance once a guest is dropped off at Churchill Downs.
- Taxi or rideshare pick-up and drop-off will take place at the Bronze Lot at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium.
- There is paid parking available at L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium on Thursday/Thurby. This option is for guests to park and walk to Churchill Downs. Pricing is planned to be as follows: $40 for a car or truck; $150 an RV or similar; and $200 for a bus.
All onsite parking at Churchill Downs is reserved in advance and available for pre-purchase in March through April 15th as long as inventory is available. Parking within each reserved lot is first-come, first-served including ADA spaces. If you do not have pre-purchased parking, you will not be able to purchase it onsite. Please pay careful attention to your specific lot’s instructions for parking and be sure you understand the directions as entry for each lot is unique. At the Kentucky Exposition Center we will have free parking with free shuttles going to and from Churchill Downs on Opening Night, 502’sDay, Champions Day, and Thurby. On the Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby days if you do not already have onsite parking, but have reserved seating with frontside access, there is parking at the Kentucky Exposition Center which is included with your ticket. Please present your ticket upon entry. This includes FREE shuttle service to and from Churchill Downs with drop-off and pick-up in the Black Lot outside of the Paddock Gate.
For Derby Week 2023, many of our Premium Dining Rooms will include food, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages. See the list below for the rooms intended to have All-Inclusive this year by day.
Thurby (Thursday) Suites or Dining Rooms Include 4 Hours of Food & 6 Hours of All-Inclusive (Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic Beverages)
*Subject to change and only available if suites or dining rooms are open and available for the particular day. Service begins when gates open for the amount of hours listed.
- Jockey Club Suites
- Starting Gate Suites
- Winners Circle Suites
- Turf Suites
- Matt Winn’s Steakhouse
- Homestretch Club
- First Turn Club & Reserved Seating
- Starting Gate Suites Dining & Rooftop
- Triple Crown Room
- Trophy Room
- Oaks & Derby Rooms
- Grand Foyer
- Finish Line Suites Balcony
- Aristides Lounge & Loft
- Churchill Downs Lounge