COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES SIMULCAST & LIVE RACING
Click here for the latest health, safety & ticket information about the 2021 Kentucky Derby & Oaks
- Guests are required to wear a mask covering their nose & mouth at all times, whether inside or outside the facility, except when actively eating or drinking. Please understand that simply holding a beverage or food item does not constitute actively consuming.
- Children 5 years and younger are not required to wear a face mask. All children over 5 years must wear a mask unless actively eating or drinking.
- Guests are advised to practice appropriate social distancing from other guests & to comply with all signage and floor decals indicating proper distancing.
- Compliance with Churchill Downs’ public safety measures is a condition of admittance and will be strictly enforced. Offenders will receive a warning; repeat offenders will be escorted from the property without refund.
TICKETING - SIMULCAST
- Tickets must be purchased day-of at the Paddock Box Office prior to approaching the entry gates. TwinSpires Club (TSC) members must present their valid 2020 season TSC membership card at the Box Office to receive an entry ticket.
- Every guest must have a ticket for entry into the facility. Guests will have their ticket scanned by the Box Office window attendant or self-scan at the Paddock Gate turnstiles for entry.
- A limited number of simulcast tickets will be available each day to the general public and to TSC members. Once capacity has been reached, the box office and entry gates will close for that day.
- The Paddock Box Office will accept cash and credit card for ticket payment. Tip sheets and other wagering resources will be available for cash only sale inside the venue.
- At this time, outside food and beverages are not permitted inside the facility. Patrons may exit scan their entry ticket with the Paddock Box Office window attendant to re-enter later in the same day.
- Every guest will need to provide full name, phone number and zip code for contact tracing purposes.
TICKETING - 2021 LIVE RACING
- Tickets must be purchased in advance at churchilldowns.com, ticketmaster.com or via the Churchill Downs Racetrack mobile app.
- All tickets will be mobile only. Customers will use their mobile device to self-scan at the turnstiles for entry at the Paddock gate. Tickets are valid for the initial scan only, no re-entry is allowed.
- The Paddock Box Office will be open to assist customers with ticket resolution only.
- All tickets include a reserved seat to ensure proper social distancing. Tickets are available for a limited time or while supplies last until capacity is reached for the current day. Prices may vary based on premium live racing dates.
- In the event a race day is canceled, refund information will be communicated to patrons via the email address used to purchase their tickets.
- Every guest that purchases a ticket at the Box Office day of live racing will need to provide full name, phone number and zip code for contact tracing purposes.
- Free, first-come, first-serve, parking will be available to guests in the frontside parking lots off Kentucky Derby Drive, with the exception of Derby Week.
- All guests will be screened via a contactless thermometer and medical questionnaire.
- Individuals with a temperature in excess of 100 degrees or experiencing symptoms will be prohibited from entering the facility.
- Guests will undergo a security screening including a walkthrough magnetometer and a possible bag search.
- Guests will be directed to use the Clubhouse escalators with elevators available for those needing assistance.
STAFF & FACILITY SAFETY
- Staff will wear gloves and masks during food preparation, service, or any other guest interactions.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high touch point areas & restrooms will take place.
- Frequently touched surfaces including tables will be regularly disinfected.
- Hand sanitizing stations are placed throughout the facility.
- Guest capacity will be limited based on government occupancy restrictions.
- Golf Cart Shuttle and Wheelchair Assistance have been eliminated to allow for proper social distancing
- All concession items will be presented wrapped and covered.
- Stanchions and floor signs will indicate proper distancing in concession lines.
- Beverages will be served in single use containers.
- Bartenders will not pre-open or pour wine or beer.
- Guests will be required to wear a mask when ordering from concessions or being served at chef stations.
Guidelines as of December 14th 2020
Guidelines are subject to change without notice