September Meet Parking
Churchill Downs is currently making enhancements to improve onsite parking and facilitate ease of entry throughout the year. As a result, the Yellow and Turquoise parking lots will be closed during the September Meet.
- Onsite free parking will be available to guests on a first come, first serve basis in our Black, Orange & Green lots.
- Guests may also choose to park and walk from Churchill Downs parking lots off of 4th Street, which include Maroon and Lime lots as well as the gravel lot next to Wagner's Pharmacy.
- Free ADA parking is available in our Black and Blue lots.
- Bus and oversized vehicle parking is available in the Pink lot.
- A designated guest drop-off area is located near the entrance to our Blue lot off of Thornberry Avenue and Kentucky Derby Drive.
- Rideshare companies will have the numbered parking spaces in the Blue lot for guest pick-ups. Please reference your stall number when communicating with passengers.
- Guests may enter through the Paddock Gate or Clubhouse Gate on race days in September.
- For any ticket sales or transactions, please visit our Paddock Gate ticket office.
- Guests with reserved parking hang tags will park in the White lot which is accessed from Kentucky Derby Drive. This area is reserved for Horsemen, Turf Club members, Suite holders and others with reserved parking hang tags.
- The Red lot is reserved on live race days for guests with Red lot parking permits.
- Official parking hang tags must be displayed from the rear view mirror to gain access to parking areas. Alternate forms of identification will not be accepted and tags are non-transferable.
- Free parking will be available to guests in the Green, Orange and Black lots for the September race meet.
- Charter Bus and oversized vehicle parking is available in the Pink Lot.
- Parking lots may be accessed from Central Avenue, Racine, Thornberry or Queen Avenue.
- Neighborhood parking is also available.
- Free parking is available at our lots on 4th street, which include Maroon, Lime and the gravel lot next to Wagner's Pharmacy.
- Accessible parking spaces are available in the Black and Blue lots. A state-issued placard must be visible in the vehicle at all times. ADA guests with reserved hang tags may also park in labeled spots in the White lot.
- Mobility Assistance golf carts will be in operation on race days to shuttle guests from the free parking areas to the admission gates.
Taxis & Ride Sharing Services (Uber, Lyft, Etc.):
- Yellow Cab service is operated in our circle drive off of Central Avenue by the Barbaro statue.
- Ridehare companies will have labeled parking spaces in the Blue lot for guest pick-ups. Please reference your stall number when communicating with passengers.
- Churchill Downs guests may be dropped off and picked up at a designated location near the entrance to the Blue lot off of Thornberry Avenue and Kentucky Derby Drive.
- Guests visiting the Kentucky Derby Museum will be granted access to the circle drive off of Central Avenue by the Barbaro statue.
- Both of these areas are load zones-waiting or parking is not permitted.
Bus and Shuttle Parking:
- Bus and shuttle parking will be available in the Pink Lot on both race days and non-race days.
- Reserved bus and shuttle parking must be arranged in advance by contacting the Churchill Downs ticket office.
Kentucky Derby Museum Visitors:
- Guests visiting the Kentucky Derby Museum may park in the Black, Orange and Green lots on race days.
- On days when the track is not racing, the Red and White Lots are also available for Kentucky Derby Museum guests.
- ADA accessible parking spaces are available in the Black and Blue lots.
- For the September Meet, employees should park in the track's infield.
- Employees will need a parking permit from their supervisor to enter the infield. The infield is accessed via the Stable Gate which is located on 4th Street across from the Grey parking lot.
Please Note: The Yellow & Turquoise Lots will be closed for construction throughout the September Meet