Spring Meet Parking
Churchill Downs has made many enhancements to improve onsite parking and facilitate ease of entry for all guests visiting our facility throughout the year. Below is helpful information to guide your parking and entry process.
- Guests may enter through the Paddock Gate or VIP Gate any day of the 2018 Spring Meet.
- The Clubhouse Gate will be closed to guests beginning May 14 as part of ongoing construction.
- Guests with reserved parking permits will park in the White lot which is accessed from Central Ave. This area is reserved for Horsemen, Turf Club members, Suite holders and others with reserved parking permits.
- The Red lot is reserved on live race days for guests with Red lot parking permits.
- Permit much be displayed from the rear view mirror to gain access to parking area.
- Free parking will be available to guests in the Green, Orange and Black lots for the entire race meet.
- Free parking will also be available in the Yellow and Turquoise Lots through Mother’s Day.
- Charter Bus and oversized vehicle parking is available in the Pink Lot.
- Parking lots may be accessed from Central Ave., Longfield Ave. or Taylor Blvd.
- Neighborhood parking is also available.
- Please Note: On select premium days offsite parking and shuttle options will be available to accommodate larger crowds.
- Accessible parking spaces are available in the White Lot near the Paddock Gate for guests with State Issued Disabled Person Parking Permits.
- Mobility Assistance gold carts are also available to shuttle guests from the free parking areas to the admission gates.
Taxis & Ride Sharing Services (Uber, Lyft, Etc.):
- Guests utilizing taxis or ride share services should use the Churchill Downs auto-court in front of the Barbaro Statue by the Kentucky Derby Museum.
- This is accessible via Central Ave. for both pickup and drop-off race days.
- Guests may be dropped off and picked up at the VIP Admission Gate.
- This area may be accessed from Thornberry Ave. for both pickup and drop-off race days.
Bus and Shuttle Parking:
- Bus and shuttle parking will be available in the Pink Lot on race days utilizing the Thornberry Ave. entrance.
- Reserved bus and shuttle parking must be arranged in advance by contacting the Churchill Downs ticket office.
Kentucky Derby Museum Visitors:
- Guests visiting the Kentucky Derby Museum may park in the Black, Orange and Green Lots on the Live Race days.
- On days when the track is not racing, the Red and White Lots are also available for Kentucky Derby Museum guests.
- Accessible parking spaces are available in the White Lot near the Paddock Gate.
- Beginning on Mother's Day (May 13) and continuing through the Spring Meet, employees should park in the track's infield.
- Employees will need a parking permit from their supervisor to access the infield. The infield is accessed via the Stable Gate which is located on 4th Street at the entry to the Stable Area.