Prohibited Items List
The following items are not permitted for entry to the racetrack. Guests will be encouraged to return any prohibited items to their vehicles or discard them before entering the facility. Churchill Downs will not be responsible for any items left near the entrances and such items may be thrown away.
This list DOES NOT APPLY TO Derby Week (Opening Night - Derby Day). Click here to view Prohibited Items for Derby Week. This list is subject to change & any item deemed inappropriate or unsafe may be denied entry at any time. For additional admissions policy information, click here.
Non-Derby Week Prohibited Items:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals, except for service animals
- Backpack and duffle bags
- Banners and/or signs unless pre-approved
- Cans (any size or type), glass bottles or containers
- Coolers at any gate
- Drones and remote controlled aircraft
- Fireworks, Noise Makers, Air horns, Laser Lights/Pointers or Pepper Spray
- Folding chairs
- Food & Beverages (Except Oaks & Derby)
- Frisbees or any projectile items
- Glass bottles or containers
- Illegal Substances
- Picnic or beach umbrellas
- Poles or sticks of any size
- Selfie Sticks
- Weapons (including knives)
- Any items deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate
Please call (502) 636-4400 for additional Guest Services information.