Prohibited Items List
The following items are not permitted for entry to the racetrack. Guests will be encouraged to return any prohibited items to their vehicles or discard them before entering the facility. Churchill Downs will not be responsible for any items left near the entrances and such items may be thrown away.
This list DOES NOT APPLY TO Derby Week (Opening Night - Derby Day). Click here to view Prohibited Items for Derby Week. This list is subject to change & any item deemed inappropriate or unsafe may be denied entry at any time. For additional admissions policy information, click here.
Non-Derby Week Prohibited Items:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Backpack, duffle bags and luggage
- Balloons and inflatables
- Banners and/or signs unless pre-approved
- Cameras with detachable lenses, or equipped with a lens 6" or larger
- Canopies, tents and tarpaulins
- Cans (any size or type), glass bottles or containers
- Drones and remote controlled aircraft
- Fireworks, Noise Makers, Air horns, Laser Lights/Pointers or Pepper Spray
- Food & Beverages (Except Oaks & Derby)
- Hoverboards, skateboards and scooters
- Illegal Substances
- Personal music players without headphones, portable speakers/sound systems
- Pets, except for trained service animals
- Picnic or beach umbrellas
- Poles or sticks of any size
- Projectile items, balls or frisbees
- Selfie Sticks
- Weapons (including knives and cigar cutters)
- Any items deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate
Please call (502) 636-4400 for additional Guest Services information.
This list is subject to change & any item deemed inappropriate or unsafe may be denied entry at any time.