Churchill Downs will again implement special hospitality and safety measures for the Kentucky Derby 134 and Kentucky Oaks 134. Patrons are advised to arrive early on both days to accommodate expanded search procedures at all entrance gates. All patrons are subject to being scanned by magnetic wands before entry to Churchill Downs.
Admission gates (1, 3, 10 and 17) will be open on Kentucky Oaks (May 2) and Kentucky Derby (May 3) days at 8 a.m. (All times EDT). First post is scheduled for 11 a.m. on both days. For more information, call (502) 636-4402 or visit www.kentuckyderby.com.
Items that WILL NOT be permitted for carry-in on Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks Days
• Bottles and cans (including ALL beverage and lotion containers - glass, plastic or metal - except for sunscreen in non-glass containers)
• Alcoholic Beverages
• Luggage (includes briefcases)
• Duffel Bags
• Weapons (including knives)
Items that WILL be permitted for carry-in on Derby & Oaks Days
• Food items in clear plastic bags (maximum size 18” X 18” -- no trash bags)*
• “Box” lunches if packaged in clear plastic bags or containers (maximum size 18” X 18” -- no trash bags)*
• Sunscreen (non-glass containers only)
• Cellular Telephones**
• Small Personal Music Systems, Radios and Televisions** (No Boomboxes)
• Seat cushions (without back)
• Purses (subject to search)
• Baby Bags (subject to search)
• Strollers (ONLY if carrying a child)
• Chairs (Gate 3 ONLY)
• Blankets (Gates 1 & 3 ONLY)
• Tarpaulins (Gates 1 & 3 ONLY)
*Limit of two bags per person
**Patrons may be required to turn on any electronic items before entry will be allowed.